I was looking through the arcives at A New Mac Tip Every Day and Came Across this.
I have to admit that being able to share calendars between Macs was really one of the features that convinced me to get .Mac. .Mac is great, but it is pricey for what it offers especially if you are not interested in every features included in the package. There is a pretty cool website that offers the service of web published and shared calendars free. It is called iCal Exchange. To publish and share your calendars from iCal:
1. Go to http://www.icalx.com/
2. Choose “Create an account” in the right sidebar.
3. Follow the instructions to open a free account.
4. Once your account is created, you can login to get the URL to publish to. The URL should be http://icalx.com/private/accountname/ for private calendars or http://icalx.com/public/accountname/ for public calendars.
5. Now you are ready to go to iCal.
6. In iCal, select the calendar you want to publish at the left.
7. Go to “Calendar” and choose “Publish”.
8. For “Publish on”, choose “a Private Server”.
9. Paste the URL in the “Base URL” field.
10. Enter you login and password for iCal Exchange.
11. Check “Publish changes automatically”.
12. Click on “Publish”.
13. It will display “Calendar Published”.
1. Copy the URL iCal gave you when it displayed “Calendar Published”.
2. In iCal (on your other Mac), go to “Calendar” and choose “Subscribe”.
3. Paste the URL of your published calendar.