Here at the New Mac User we have secured a lot of domain with our hosting Company GoDaddy.com. This past week we wanted to set up one of them with the iWeb personal domain option. We ran into a few snags so i thought i would post how we go it to work. If you have not done so already you will need to place your personal domain information into iWeb(this is done in iWebs File > Set Up Personal Domain). then you can get started below.
- Head to GoDaddy.com and log in.
- Click on my domain names.
- Click the link for your domain.
- Click on Total DNS Control and MX Records
- Click on the little pencil to the right of your “www” cname.
- Change [email protected] to “web.mac.com”
- Click OK.
When you have finished this anyone who types www.yourdomain.com they will get what you have hosted at you .Mac account.
if you want to make it so your users can skip the www part and just type yourdomain.com onto the address bar do these steps as well.
- Navigate to “Total DNS Control and MX Records”
- Make sure that you are on the forwarding tab of the Menu.
- Select enable and type in your entire domain name that is being forwarded, in this case it would be http://www.yourdomainname.com.
- Wait an hour (www.GoDaddy.com says it can take an hour or so for the servers to make all the changes)
If you are trying to find out how to host multiple domains with .Mac then you need this article. Use MobileMe (.Mac) To Host Multiple Domains