TOM BIHN, a designer, manufacturer, and retailer of laptop bags, backpacks, messenger bags, and briefcases, has introduced the Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Briefcase, a new “checkpoint friendly” briefcase-style laptop bag with a highly protective compartment for a laptop computer.
The Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Briefcase Bihn’s answer to an intensive, five-month design challenge issued by the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) to design a laptop bag that meets its newly implemented “checkpoint friendly” program guidelines. The Checkpoint Flyer provides the TSA with a clear, unobstructed x-ray view of the laptop in the bag without sacrificing organizational pockets and clean design.
Unique features of the Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Briefcase include:
* Handsome and tough U.S. made 1050 denier ballistic nylon, splash-proof YKK Uretek zippers, Duraflex Stealth buckles, and Poron foam-padded handles.
* Made in USA in Tom Bihn’s own Seattle factory.
* Over 11 organizational pockets.
* Back pocket zips open to accommodate the handle of a roll-aboard.
* Quick-access boarding pass/map pocket.
* Molded foam laptop compartment that completely encases the laptop in 8mm-thick closed cell foam, available in three sizes designed specifically to fit the 13″ MacBook and MacBook Air, 15.4″ MacBook Pro, and 17″ MacBook Pro. Also fits many PC laptops.
* Requires less than 3 seconds to be prepared in order to send the briefcase through the x-ray machine.
* Not designed simply for the security checkpoint process, the Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Briefcase works well as an everyday laptop bag.
The Checkpoint Flyer Laptop Briefcase is available for pre-order through the TOM BIHN Web site and ships by late September. $220 USD. Available in three colors.
TOM BIHN has been designing and creating bags for over 30 years. The TOM BIHN Inc. headquarters and factory are located in Seattle, Washington, where the company is dedicated to creating quality products and quality jobs. The public is welcome to visit the TOM BIHN Seattle Factory Showroom and Retail Store and see where the bags are made. TOM BIHN products are available for order and worldwide shipping at the company’s website.