As many of you may know from some of my early articles I am a BIG advicate of backing up. As a matter f fact I showed off Super-Dupper to my Mac User Group tonight. That said the new version of Carbon Copy Cloner is out. According to the web site, it has added a better user interface and a few other new features listed here.
- Support for block-level disk-to-disk clones.
- Synchronization built-in, not bolted on.
- Support for backing up across the network to another Macintosh.
- Advanced scheduling capabilities — Backup tasks can now be scheduled on an hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis, or you can indicate that a backup task should run when the backup device is attached (e.g. an iPod).
- CCC recognizes iPods specifically, allowing time for the iPod:iTunes synchronization to complete.
- The ability to drill down into folders to select exactly what gets copied and what doesn’t (you can drill down indefinitely).
- Built-in software update feature notifies you when updates are available.
I will be testing out the new CCC this week to get a better feeling for it. Some may ask why switch from Super-Duper. My answer is free, or a small donations, for CCC is better than the 27.95 Super-Duper wants.